Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

I have been away for a little while from my beloved blog. Lots of reasons for that and mostly good ones. For instance the last time that I posted was June 19th and it was raining. Actually it had been for several days and I ended up both sick and tired. So I went home and spent the next two days at camp in bed. Then I flew home and spent another two days in bed. Finally I was able to knock the bug out for good. I went out golfing with my Dad and sweated profusely to the point that I must have sweated all remains of that cold out into my golf shirt! I did really enjoy my time at home. I felt more connected with my wife but that may have had to do with us facing a common foe that being our daughter. Don't get me wrong, we both love our daughter but sometimes sweet little Hailey takes advantage waaaay too much! So we had an unending stream of young people through the house 24 hours a day. Every time I put gas in my truck it disappeared from the driveway and never returned Until all the gas was gone. My wife had a very important interview out of town so Hailey took the truck, drained it of gas at the side of the highway, and then called to tell us about it twenty or so minutes after we were supposed to leave for the interview! Thoughtless stuff! At the end of the turnaround when I usually head back to camp I instead flew to Edmonton. I had been able to fulfill all the requirements for membership to my union so I went to the Hall for the orientation. It was great because several of my best friends from Kearl were going through with me. So Brew was there and Matti. Achie and Big Mitch were there. Dally was there as were Christine and Curt who I know from our pre-apprentice course from waaaay back in January! It was fun to see everyone again. Afterwards a few of the guys and myself went out for some food and beers. It's funny how you can sit with people every day up here in camp and never drain a tankard of ale together but it happens. So it was fun to get out and do that in a nice place like Edmonton! I spent Saturday and Sunday with relatives. My niece and nephew live in Edmonton and split a house. She has the upstairs with her man Justin and her son while Jason my nephew has the basement where he has his bedroom and his man-cave. The middle floor works out to be common area. It was a nice visit for sure! :) Yesterday we flew back to camp. I am in main and on the main floor so pretty good. I have my routine pretty much in place so that I can get my bags and unpack in minutes flat. The rooms are basically all the same with the only difference being which side of the room the bed is on and whether you turn right or left to get to the dining hall. Otherwise it's all pretty much the same. We are pulling up to work now so I have to go. Have a great day! :)

2 comments: