Sunday, July 22, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

As this job winds down I am having trouble choosing my next stop. I had been planning on transferring with Waiward to CNRL as they have the 14/7 shift but it looks as is they won't be having flights across Canada. That is key for me as my wage minus the flight cost is less than I would take home on EI! So if I am not getting flights I need the best deal possible. That means no Kearl lake as the max one can get here is time and a half unless they extend your shift. There ARE lots of apprentice jobs but they are all in Edmonton which means finding a place and getting a car. Extra expences but extra opportunity. It would also be great to be closer to the hall and to the various therapists who might treat my bursitis, my hernia and/or my eyes (I need safety glasses and wouldn't mind looking into laser eye surgery which is covered). So for now I am ok working but very shortly I am going to have to make some tough decisions. Oh well! It's all part of the game! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment