Monday, July 16, 2012

Musings from the home front...

I have been home for several days now so only a couple to go before I leave again for Kearl Island. It has been a good few days where I have slept in every day and I can tell you I needed it! The rest of the time I have worked hard and played harder. I dream about the day when I can take a few months off uninterrupted! But that isn't even on the horizon at this point. So I enjoy the time here that I can and head back glad to have a job. I built 14 feet of fence today. There used to be a garage there it the new neighbors tore it down so when I got home there was nothing but a big gap in the fence where my dog could take off through. She wouldn't of course because she is a total coward but just the same I wanted it filled in so I spent today working on that project. Now that it is done I am pretty thrilled with the results. The whole yard looks better and the dog is safe. All good! The other day we were barbequing beer can chicken and so we had my nephew James over. He is either 19 or early 20s (I can't keep track) and like my daughter Hailey he is a musician. So pretty soon the guitar came out and he and Hail started singing together which sounded great! I was so impressed that I taped them singing a song and uploaded it to YouTube. I have my doubts that either will ever make a living as a musician but I wanted to save the family moment for posterity! That has now been done you can look it up by typing 'Hailiah & James Impromptu Jam - I'll Follow You Into the Dark'. One day I am sure they will watch it and say 'OMG! Was my hair ever bad!' At least that's what I say when I see old pictures of myself. I have to go! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you can leave your iron man mask at Kearl Island and enjoy yourself back home (LOL). Sounds like you've been a busy beaver too. I checked out the videos and thought they were great. I signed up to vote for Hailah's Scream by Usher cover and thought she did a fantastic job of it. Hope she wins (I'll try to revisit/revote again). Give my best to your patient half. Enjoy what's left of your stay in Ontario dude- JB

    ReplyDelete