Monday, July 9, 2012

Hailiah, a scaffolder dies and the Heat is a bitch!!

Good morning folks! Today I want to start with a plug for my daughter who is a musician. She has entered a contest through access4artists.com and needs some votes so I am asking you to please view her song and then vote for her. Her name is Hailiah (yes it's spelled the same way forward as it is backwards) and the song she sings is called 'Scream' by Usher. So please go to that site, look up Hailiah, listen to the song, and vote for her please. You can actually vote once a day so feel free to vote every day. Some background for you on her is as follows: Hailiah is 18 years old and has been singing and playing piano since she was 7 or 8. She sang in Church first and then moved to a competitive choir called La Jeunesse. She was part of that choir for several years and competed in Barcelona, Spain with them when she was 13 or 14. At 16 she moved to Toronto to study at the Rosedale School for the performing arts. Did I mention that she lived on her own and in her own apartment during this time and worked part time to help cover her costs? During her first year there a man collapsed on the subway from a heart attack and Hailiah performed CPR on him saving his life. 3 months later she saved the life of her then boss (you can look this up in the Toronto Sun newspaper... Type in Hailey Knight and hero). Now Hailiah is trying to move into a performance career. This contest through the access4artists.com website could help with that so please take the time to watch the video (she is beautiful and has changed the song to make it her own so you will probably enjoy it). Thanks in advance! On another note, and this one is a sad one, a 47 year old scaffolder died in camp last night. He just didn't wake up. I haven't met him and he doesn't work for our site but it is sad none the less. I am 47 so this hits close to home. I have a secret fear of dying up here too. I would prefer to die in bed in my own home with my wife there. I would really prefer it happen sometime after my 85th birthday but we can't really plan these things now can we? Yesterday on site it was hot and humid like an oven. Today is supposed to be several degrees hotter and even more humid. I have been sweating so much that I haven't needed to pee making that dehydration test they posted in the urinal a little tough to try. It's not always like this up here but it does get this way in spurts. The good news is that the heat kills my hunger and as a result I have been losing weight like crazy. I consider this a good thing as I was 184lbs in November but was up to 231lbs a month and a half ago. I am probably down to 210-215 lbs at the moment so all good. My actual go is to drop down to 190 lbs. That would take a lot of stress of my body and make it easier to climb the iron especially with my painful tennis elbow! I have to go. Have a great day, vote for Hailiah, and for goodness sake stay on the right side of the grass! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment